Friday, December 4, 2009

Violet Beauregarde, complete

I fixed the hole! Now my sweater is wearable! First I re-knit and grafted the stitches together according to the methods given in this article. Then (though I know some of you will shudder at this) I darned over the graft because I was so worried that I hadn't done a good enough job. It doesn't look bad, especially when I wear the darned part on my back, and when I consider that this is my very first sweater EVER I feel quite successful about the whole thing. I learned many lessons and still came out with something I could wear. In public. Which I'm doing for the first time today, Violet Beauregarde and Barney be darned.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, it's darling!! Well done on finishing a whole sweater! I'm still struggling with my button holes and may not finish mine until March.

    You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete