Wednesday, March 23, 2011

On my needles -- the Raring to Go Edition

I wouldn't say I'm exactly getting tired of my Shalom Cardigan.  I could never tire of the soft baby alpaca yarn, and the back-and-forth of the stockinette body is soothing and allows room for chatting, reading, watching Big Bang Theory or meditating.  But I am always itching to start new projects, so I am counting the rows until I catch up with my favorite cabled cardigan.  
 

It's really not so bad, when you allow for the curling at the bottom of the body.  Another four inches or so and I'll be adding the garter stitch border and wondering what on earth I'm going to do for sleeves.

My knitting class starts this Friday, and I have picked out a challenging (to me) cabled baby cardigan to bring there with me; I am looking at several other baby sweaters because I seem to have a surfeit of light fingering yarn; and I hope to complete a crocheted rabbit or three before Easter Day, about which we will have to see.

What's on your needles these days?

1 comment:

  1. Oooh...looking good! And I know what you mean about not being "tired" of it but ready to be done with it. Hope your knitting class is a hit!

    ReplyDelete