Sunday, December 13, 2009

Beach blanket -- take two

I happened upon a gorgeous green chenille bedspread the other week and I knew it was time to try the beach blanket project again.  I'm showing you the back first because I love how D and I managed to cut the center medallion out so nicely.  It's not like anyone will see it, but I love knowing it's there.



The front side is made up of ten squares cut from vintage bedsheets.  I have already made comfy pajama pants from seven of these bedsheets, and I plan to make pajama pants from the remnants of the other three and revel in their flowery goodness!




And it all wraps up into a neat little package at the end. Bring on the beach weather!


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh - love it! (I see that it has also aroused the curiosity of a certain feline.) Too bad beach weather is...well...not quite here yet...

    ReplyDelete