Friday, July 17, 2009

My Hero

The amazing K-Cat takes time out from her busy schedule saving the world to pose for some photos:




Her cape is made from pink taffeta and yellow cotton (her choices) and her super power is the ability to claw through the heart of any villain. Her sidekick (not shown here) is Wonder Dog Deebo, who can howl so loudly that no villain can stand to be within earshot of him.

Things I learned from this project:
  • How to sew with shiny, slippery fabric
  • That I can really, truly do applique
  • How to sew on velcro
  • How NOT to sew on velcro
  • That it is REALLY important to read ALL THE WORDS in the instructions BEFORE starting to sew
Seriously, it was Dress Like a Superhero Day at camp today and K wanted to make up her own superhero, so we had some fun with it. She's been feeling sort of apprehensive about going to camp, but she had no trouble letting me leave her there today after the ooh's and ahh's over her fancy-schmancy outfit. I hope she's having a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I love that she chose Pink taffeta and paired it with Yellow cotton.

    The kid's got style.

    And way to go sewing the slippery stuff! I'm scared of that...

    ReplyDelete