One of the reasons I was so quiet in September was because I could not stop knitting. I found some irresistible alpaca/acrylic yarn (details on Ravelry) and started right in on a new version of the Weekend Knitting "Berkshire Sweater" I'd begun back in June/July when I first picked up knitting again in earnest. I finished the sweater and it doesn't look bad for a first effort -- I'll share pictures and stories here at a later date. Right now I'm concerned because after blocking it I discovered some mistakes, including a gargantuan hole in the middle of the thing, I suspect from two ends of yarn knotted together that I didn't notice in my eagerness to get the thing done. Here's what the worst two look like:
Anyone with thoughts on what I might do to alleviate these problems (And I did think of adding a big kangaroo pocket, but it didn't seem suitable so close to the underarm. Sheesh.) I do like the way the sweater fits, at least for a knock-around Saturday affair, and I loooove the softness of it.