Monday, June 8, 2009

Menu-planning Monday

It's that time again! With K home from school and camp for the next 2 weeks, I'm thinking that I'd better add some structure to our days. At the very least, I want to plan what I'm cooking for dinner so the end of the day isn't a crazy scramble. Here's what I've got in mind for this week:



Monday: Ham, green beans, scalloped potatoes -- strawberry shortcake for dessert with strawberries picked by K herself!

Tuesday: Spaghetti, meatballs, jarred marinara sauce, applesauce

Wednesday: Hot dogs, macaroni & cheese, corn on the cob

Thursday: Chicken breasts with pesto, couscous, cooked carrots

Friday: Amy's Organic Pizza, Raw veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, snap peas), dip

Saturday: Garlic Pork Roast, mixed vegetables, mashed potatoes

Sunday: Pancakes, sausage, fruit salad

I took K and did the grocery shopping this afternoon so all the ingredients are on hand except the fresh fruit for Sunday -- I'm hoping for a Saturday trip to the farmer's market to take care of that.

I have mapped out a fair amount of the time this week for activities K and I can do together, but she has requested some special craft projects and I will need to do some rethinking. I hope to put an outline here later tonight or tomorrow of the creative work we'll be up to, and then with any luck we'll accomplish one or more things on our list!

No comments:

Post a Comment