Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Soft and fluffy

Meet the newest additions to the cashmere collection!

These fluffy bunnies are courtesy of Betz White's tutorial, and they are even more fun and satisfying to make than the baby hats. I especially like the cables that give the white bunny a bit of extra character, and the zingy Amy Butler fabric on the pink bunny's ears. More bunnies will certainly follow, and I imagine there could be other critters made from cashmere as well. What would you like to see?

I'm thinking that this red hat with the big stretchy cuff will make a cozy Christmas present for some little one's melon come December. So unbelievably soft!
I have so many projects in the works -- including a quilt that must be finished immediately, the recipient has been waiting months for it -- but I want to get started on the luxe cashmere throws right away. My stash of pink, blue, purple and green sweaters is screaming to be made into a heavenly baby blanket. I really need to focus and get some work done on the old so I can move on to the new. Patience! Diligence! Onward and upward!

4 comments:

  1. I've been loving handmade teddy bears lately. I haven't yet found the perfect pattern, but I'm looking at these for inspiration and trying to mentally deconstruct the pieces.

    http://www.qcollectionjunior.com/product/5051/Claudius_the_Bear.html


    Now that you've got experience sewing softies, what's your take? Simple or no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel all warm and fuzzy just looking at the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah: I looked at the bears you mentioned and they are so sweet! They reminded me of a pattern I have in a book called *Christmas at Bear's Paw Ranch* by Eleanor Burns, which looks distinctly intimidating. I have an absolute complex about working with patterns, which I need to get over -- but you may not have a complex, in which case if you go to a fabric store you will find patterns marked "Easy" or "Simple" or "Any Idiot Can Do This," and I'm sure there are stuffies among those patterns. Go for it, and if you do would you consider doing a guest post here about your experience?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish to see a cashmere giraffe! :D

    ReplyDelete