Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Recess

Here's the quilt I made as an end-of-the-year gift for K's teacher. I love it!



It was simple to make using a charm pack from American Jane's "Recess" line by Moda -- with the squares pre-cut all I had to do was arrange them, sew the rows and columns together, baste, bind and tie -- it took maybe six hours to complete.



















The bright colors and lively patterns remind me of my daughter and her Pre-Kindergarten classmates, and the backing with its line drawings and primer words seems appropriate. I have in mind that Mrs. H will use the quilt as a spare "rest time" blanket, but maybe she will find a more creative use. I hope she likes it!



















(Isn't the red-white-and-blue binding print sweet? I bought enough to make a skirt or maybe a sundress for K with it.)

1 comment:

  1. Outstanding! (And I LOVE the red and white print - I'm glad you have some left for K!)

    ReplyDelete