Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Gone quiet

I haven't had much to say these last few days, partly because I've been feeling sleepy and sluggish and partly because I'm trying to keep a couple of secrets, but I'm still working and thinking and creating and producing in the background here. I'm trying some new techniques, and I'm sewing with some fun fabrics from my stash that I've never found the right quilt for because the yardage was so short. And the wheels are always turning about my craft studio, whether or not I'm actually plugging away in there. I've taken to carrying the Ikea catalog with me when I go out in case I have a spare minute to browse.

So expect to hear more from me by the end of the week. I intend to finish my current project, re-cover the ironing board and then take the sewing machine in for its supposedly regular maintenance, which I hope will spur on some serous activity in the craft studio, or at least some general cleaning around the house. It's all good!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear about the ironing board cover. I keep waiting for mine to die, but I know that it will be safe for now, since I do 90% of my ironing in the summer (those blasted cotton skirts! Long live corduroy and denim!). Sorry. Just trying to take the edge off of our lovely single-digit temps of late. Looking forward to finding out more about your "secret" projects! :-)

    ReplyDelete