Thursday, January 1, 2009

Back to normal

The tree is down, the ornaments are packed away, the boxes are ready to go back up to the attic. Thank goodness. I'm ready for things to settle down, once K's birthday celebration is over with. I worked on her crown with no success yesterday; I'm afraid she's going to have to do without one. I can't seem to get the trimmings on straight, and then I can't cut the lining the same size as the front -- I don't know what the problem is, except maybe that I'm rushing the process or that I'm just not into it. She'll have plenty of other goodies so I'm not worried about it.

I've started in on a prayer quilt that's long overdue, in a pattern I've never tried before that looks promising, with some awesome Michael Miller prints I picked up when we went to the Herrschner's outlet in Wisconsin over Thanksgiving. I'm not used to working with such high-quality fabrics and it's really a treat. I'm also getting back into crocheting an afghan, a bubble gum pink affair that I started last summer that's so garishly bright I can't help but love it. It's slow going but will be worth it in the end.

D got his desk put together and into the closet, and moved the new computer onto it, so he's officially out of his office. Now the next phase, clearing out the junk, begins.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting the desk into the closet! Now the fun part begins! I'm very excited for you, if I haven't already mentioned it. You need a dedicated work room.
    And K has a few more years yet where she'll still get a thrill out of a crown. I don't think it's a huge loss not to have one this year.

    ReplyDelete