Thursday, March 5, 2009

One patch, two patch, three patch, four...


Well, all of the four-patch blocks have been sewn together -- the picture above shows them stacked in their neat little piles. That was a job! I spent a fair amount of time the other day laying out possible combinations of 4x4 blocks but found myself stymied in the end. Hmm... Wheels are turning as I type. I had been thinking I needed to make 4x4 patches and then sew those together, but I'm liking the simplicity of the four-patch blocks juxtaposed as they are in my photograph, perhaps with a little tweaking so that all of the dark patches "climb" in one direction. Hmm...

Obviously the thing to do now is lay them out on my fabulous huge design wall WHICH IS STILL TOTALLY IMAGINARY, thank you very much, I will be laying them out ON THE FLOOR, and count out how many I'd need to make a such-and-such size quilt. Which means I also need to figure out how large a quilt I want to make. Oh, how tedious. But these things must be done, so off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment