Friday, March 6, 2009

Quilt quickie

Just dropping in to say that I have waffled once again and I am quite pleased with the results. I decided that I liked the hippy-dippy folksy appeal of the simple four-patch layout and, just for the heck of it, laid out a 10 x 12 array of blocks. It looked great -- just what I had envisioned when I started the quilt!

So I'm currently in the process of sewing rows of four-patches together. I thought it would be tedious work, but I'm finding it curiously relaxing. In the back of my mind I'm churning about what sort of backing I want to do (pieced, I think, using fabric from my stash) and whether I want a border and what color it should be (narrow and navy blue print, perhaps) -- more about those things later.

I'm loving the rhythm of piecing right now, and am using it as a reward for getting some amount of housework done. Projects in the works: A hooded towel for my new first-cousin-once-removed, some receiving blankets and maybe a star quilt for my niece-to-be, many tote bags because I have such lovely home-decor remnants piling up, and of course the mama-daughter pajama pants from the lovely vintage bedsheet. Right, I'd better get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment