Friday, December 19, 2008

Blankets in cotton and wool


Here is the blanket I made yesterday -- it's a deliciously soft plaid cotton flannel, the perfect size and weight for snuggling under on my favorite chair or in the back seat of the car. I found the material for it at the wonderful J&O Fabrics in Pennsauken, NJ. Along with it I bought 2 1/2 yards each of a sage green and a chocolate brown wool suiting, from which I plan to make twin-bed-sized blankets which, if they turn out well, will actually be used decoratively on sofas.

This is therapeutic crafting for me, working with beautifully colored, wonderfully textured, natural fibers; making products that are both utilitarian and lovely; working slowly and carefully; taking time to think and to sleep. I'm glad to have the opportunity to do this.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    The blanket looks really cool.
    Kamakshi

    ReplyDelete