Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Buchanan Plaid

Last May on Burlington Day, I was walking through the quilt show with my family when I spied an unusual sight -- the orange-and-navy tartan that belongs to my father-in-law's family in some mysterious way only he can explain.

Now, the Buchanan plaid has grown on me over the 14 years I've known my husband, and I no longer find it repulsive. In fact, I think the blanket I made from the (wool and polyester blend?) fabric that I found there on Broad Street is downright handsome.

Granted, you can't see the awkward joining I did where the ends of the blanket binding meet. I'm still trying to think of a way to cover that up. But I took a practice-nap underneath it and it stood the test admirably. And it's a bona fide cat magnet to boot. I think my FIL will be pleased.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, come on. It's not that mysterious: his mother's maiden name was Buchanan. That side is all Scottish, and his father's side isn't, so the nearest connection to any plaid is to Buchanan.

    ReplyDelete